Sweet Melissa's Orange Blossom and Honey Scones
1 cup self-raising flower
1 tsp baking powder
2 oz butter
1 large egg
2 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp orange flower water
1 generous tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200/395F C
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg, orange blossom water, honey and milk together with a pinch of salt and pour into the flour mixture - it may be a little dry so add a dash or so of milk.
- Combine until you have a smooth but fairly dry dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and press flat until a good inch thick.
- Using the rim of a glass cut out the scones and put them flour-side up on a prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with a little milk and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes (I find they are done much closer to 10 than 15, but you could have a slow oven).
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and serve cold with clotted cream and cherry jam.