GO SQUASHIN!! They exist.
Needs (for 3-4 appetizers):
- 1 large handful spaghetti or linguine
- 1 large summer squash, in slices (can peel if you prefer)
- 4 slices bacon, chipped
- 1 small punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cups cream or half and half
- 1 glug white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- red chili flakes, pepper and salt to taste
- chopped parsley, chopped
- Boil large pot of salted water
- in a frying pan, fry bacon until crispy and remove. Keep fat in pan
- add garlic and squash, cook on medium heat. Add some salt and pepper
- add cherry tomatoes .. wait till they get squishy. When veggies are done, remove from frying pan and set aside with bacon.
- Degalze pan with white wine. Reduce and scrape edges. Add cream and half of Parmesan.
- Slowly simmer to reduce.
- When it is a bit thicker, add veggies back in.
- Cook pasta to al dente as you combine sauce.
- Strain pasta and top with veggies. Garnish with the rest of Parmesan and chopped parsley.