Oh Virginia.. you land of goobers and porky piggies. On MC, I was more than proud to represent a state worthy of foodie admiration. My love of travel and new tastes is always paired with the comfort that when i get home, I will have some of the best produce and saltiest pork at the ready. This sweet onion bacon jam is easy to make and is ROCKIN. Try it on a BLT or in a benny situation (like above). A little goes a long way and it will last for a week. You can make it in a crockpot if you are headed out the door.
- 1 lb thick cut premium bacon
- 2 large Vidalia sweet onions, small chop
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coffee
- a glug of bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Fry in large skillet batches and drain. Save a bit of the fat
- Add onions and garlic
- Sweat till glassy
- Add bacon back in with all the rest of the ingredients
- Simmer till sticky
- Remove from heat and let is cool. You can process it down for a more jam like consistency or let it be with the chunks.