I've come to the end of the week and my fridge is full of bags of bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers I bought from the farmer at the market last week (bulk discount obviously). I am not sure what I thought I was going to be doing with all of these... or if the entire Spanish embassy was coming for supper... but I have resorted to making them into a beautiful HEALTHY gazpacho, perfect for summer entertaining and detoxing. There is by no means an exact science to this- use a food processor or a blender... I like to keep everything raw.
This is what I threw in this time:
- One cucumber, skin on
- Two large tomatoes, skin on
- Two bell peppers, one orange on red, skin on
- a small handful of fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Blend till desired consistency and top with: toasted pinenuts, some grated fresh parm, and more fresh basil
- I also give the bowl a whirl with some high grade olive oil.