Truffles are on the same level as champers for me. They are delicious and luxurious. Lucky for me (and you), they are also really easy to make! With my travels, I developed an ever-growing obsession with coconut- in curries, in desserts, in drinks- and I am pretty sure I was born with a chocolate addiction, so these are perfect. The pink- well, everyone needs a bit of razzle dazzle no?
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCONUT TRUFFLES -makes about 20
- 3.5 oz (350g) white chocolate (I used Lindt)
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 drop coconut extract (optional)
- a couple of handfuls of coconut shredded
- food coloring ( I used a couple drops of red to make pink)
- Put coconut flakes in a bowl. Drop a couple drops of food coloring in coconut (if desired).. mix and set aside.
- Break white chocolate bars into chunks.
- Melt the chocolate pieces, coconut milk, and butter in a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl is sitting above the hot water (not submersed in it).
- When it is melted, remove from heat and add a couple drops of coconut extract. Mix.
- Put the bowl into the refrigerator until it is hard enough to roll (may take over an hour).
- Roll the mixture into balls. then roll in coconut flakes. Do one by one.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. They keep for about a week.