So I now, thanks to Morgan- my work lifeline, have an app on my phone that reminds me when to drink water. Well, it’s a lazy Sunday and I figure it does the same thing if I replace one of those 900 bottles of agua I am supposed to drink with an adult beverage or two? Elderflower cordial has been a staple in my house for the long time. The gorgeous floral sweetness is great mixed with club soda and even better when used in a tipple. You can find elderflower cordial in those amazing IKEA stores or online. If you would rather have an extra kick, try using the elderflower liqueur, St Germain. Only around since 2007, it has made its way on to every hipster cocktail menu it seems. Salut and bisous! xo
· a little pint of fresh blackberries
· 1 lemon for fancy twists
· 1 splash elderflower cordial or St Germain (for those wanting a more potent mix)
· 1 jigger Vodka
· Champagne (preferable) or club soda to top off
· I like to muddle the blackberries in the bottom of the glass. I would recommend 3 or 4 per glass (love them).
· Add the elderflower cordial (or St. Germain) and mix
· Add a couple of ice cubes.
· Pour in vodka, mix, and then top off with sparkling of your choice.
· Of course this is all better done in a shaker. Multiply quantities of berries, vodka, and elderflower. Shake, with ice, and pour into glasses. Top off with the bubbles. This keeps the ice cubes out of there as well- just obstacles if you ask me.
Sip. Sip. Repeat.